The Association of Heads of University Administration (AHUA) has just launched the sixth iteration of its development programme targeted at new heads of service to help develop their leadership skills. The Professional Service Directors’ Programme, which has been informed by collaboration between AHUA, AUDE and a number of other professional associations, will start in January 2022. The deadline for applications is 26 November 2021.
The programme has been designed to enhance and develop the existing leadership skills, knowledge, experience and mindset of early-career Directors and Heads within higher education professional services, to achieve greater personal impact and influence.
Through a range of tailored activities including individual sessions, action learning and whole group workshops featuring specialist guest contributors, participants will explore what’s needed to become more effective in their roles from a variety of different perspectives.
As a result of the programme, participants will acquire:
- greater understanding of the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for further success in their role
- greater self-awareness of personal style and impact as well as an appreciation of difference
- clarity of thinking about areas of strength and development needs
- a diverse network of colleagues from across the sector for ongoing collaboration and inspiration.
Feedback from those who have sponsored participants on previous programmes suggests that institutions gain more engaged and better networked leaders with increased self-awareness and a new range of key contacts across organisations and specialisations.
Programme sessions and times
Deadline for nominations: Friday 26 November 2021
- 12 January 2022, 15.00 – 17.00; online
Individual 1-2-1 sessions
- 29, 30, 31 March 2022, 2 hours; online
Residential Programme (Crewe Hall, Cheshire):
- From 14.00 on 26 April to 16.00 on 28 April 2022
Action Learning Set Sessions:
- 25 May 2022, 6 July 2022, 19 October 2022, 7 December 2022,
10.00 – 16.00; online
Whole group workshop
- 7 September 2022
Concluding 1-2-1 sessions
- 7, 18 19 January 2023, 2 hours; online
- 25 January 2023, 15.00 – 17.00; online
Fee: £5,750 (no VAT applicable)
For further information, see the below brochure and application form, visit the AHUA’s website, or speak to Catherine Webb, AHUA Executive Secretary, on 07785 286833.