Terms and Conditions (AUDE Member Delegates)
Payment and Fees
- Payment must be made by credit or debit card and card details must be entered online, please note only Visa or MasterCard are accepted.
- Once you have completed your booking you will automatically be sent a booking confirmation email with an invoice that will show as paid, and is the booking receipt. Please note a failed payment constitutes a failed booking. You should contact us for assistance with this.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will payments by direct bank transfer be accepted. In this case, it is the booker’s responsibility to ensure that this invoice reaches the correct finance department. Professional HE Services (PHES) will not issue invoices directly to finance departments unless emailed on an individual basis to do so. The person making the booking is the point of contact for invoice chasing, and is responsible for ensuring that the invoice is paid.
- Please note that PHES must receive the full amount shown on the invoice including any VAT applicable. Any fees or charges which are levied by the bank for you to make this payment should be paid by you directly and should not come out of your conference fee payment. If you do not pay these bank charges you will still be liable for the difference between the amount that is paid to us and your total fee payable. Any shortfalls in the fee must be paid before your attendance at the event.
- Registration cannot be accepted over the telephone and places are only guaranteed upon payment and confirmation.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
- Payment for booking a delegate place is non-refundable and is due even if cancellation is made before funds are received by PHES. Should you wish to cancel your booking every effort will be made to re-sell your place. If the place is re-sold a 50% refund will be made. Cancellation should be notified to the Conference Organiser in writing, via email at email@example.com.
- You may substitute an original delegate with another person up to 14 days (inclusive) before the event by notifying us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within 13 days (inclusive) of the event, substitution of one delegate for another can be made at the conference organiser’s discretion. Please email email@example.com with queries.
- Photos and/or video will be taken at the event. By taking part, you are agreeing to AUDE using event photos and video footage in their marketing activities. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Social media
- Press releases
If you don’t wish to be featured, please email AUDE at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event taking place.
- If the event cannot be held because of circumstances beyond our control (including but not limited to fire, explosion, flood, adverse weather conditions, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic) or because of any industrial action or dispute involving AUDE or the hosting venue. AUDE will refund all fees paid but will not be liable for any losses whether indirect or direct suffered by delegates as a result of the cancellation of the event.
- Delegates must comply with the accepted safety standards of the day.
- Failure to comply with this code of practice will result in the withdrawal of the permission to attend the conference.
- Delegates are Directors of Estates and/ or their immediate deputies. On occasions where AUDE has invited or allowed other delegate bookings these will be allowed; any other party who books a delegate place without authorisation will have their delegate places cancelled and booking fee refunded.
- Placing a booking is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of whoever attends the event.
- AUDE reserves the right to change the conference programme at short notice.
Terms and Conditions (Supporters)
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to Supporters (“you”, “your”, “supporters”) of the AUDE conference 2021 (the “Conference”). Supporters, being those paying attendees of the AUDE Conference who are not subscription-paying member institutions of AUDE. AUDE, being the Association of University Directors of Estates, a Professional HE Services Ltd (“PHES”) association (“we”, “us”, “our”, “AUDE”). These Terms and Conditions apply to you and your staff, contractors, suppliers etc. in addition to the Conference attendee’s terms and conditions.
2. Only those organisations that have been invited to register are eligible to apply as supporters at the Conference. Please do NOT register if you have not been invited to do so. We will cancel the booking of any organisation that registers without an invitation.
Confirmation of Registration
3. Confirmation of acceptance of your registration to support the Conference will be sent to you directly by email once you have completed and returned the supporter registration form to email@example.com (“Registration Confirmation”). Unless the fee for your 2021 package will be transferred from your 2020 conference funds, you will be sent via email your invoice for the monies due (the “Supporter Fee”) within your confirmation email. Please ensure that the Supporter Fee is paid within 30 days of receiving the Registration Confirmation regardless of payment type chosen, unless otherwise agreed with us. If the invoice is not paid by Friday 26th March 2021, your booking will be cancelled. Placing a Supporter booking for the Conference is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Registration Confirmation will be deemed as confirmation of AUDE’s acceptance of your support at the Conference and such acceptance brings into existence a legally binding contract between us and you comprising these Terms and Conditions, your Supporter registration form and the Registration Confirmation (the “Conference Booking”). Unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Conference Booking shall terminate once the Conference has been delivered in full, at which point the obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions shall cease.
5. The conference is considered to have been delivered in full if and when at least 80% of the planned conference sessions are completed.
6. If you are paying by credit or debit card, please note we cannot accept American Express or Diners Card.
7. We reserve the right to charge interest on any late payments under these Terms and Conditions at a rate of 3% above the base rate of the Bank of England.
8. Registration cannot be accepted over the telephone and places are only guaranteed upon payment and confirmation.
9. We reserve the right to cancel any Supporter places if invoices reach 30 days over the due date.
10. AUDE may use a third-party Conference organiser. However, you should contact us for any assistance required with your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
Cancellation by AUDE
11. We may cancel your Conference Booking by giving you notice in writing for any reason (other than set out at clause 12) at any time prior to the date of the Conference. If AUDE cancels the Conference Booking pursuant to this clause 11 we shall refund the Supporter Fee already paid by you in connection with the Conference.
12. We may also cancel the Conference Booking at any time, without liability to you if:
i) you fail to pay any sum owing to us in connection with the Conference in accordance with the payment terms set out at “Confirmation of Registration” above;
ii) you breach these Terms and Conditions; or
iii) AUDE is unable to host the Conference due to any reason beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to fire, explosion, flood, adverse weather conditions, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic).
13. In the event of cancellation by AUDE under clauses 12.i) or 12.ii) AUDE shall be entitled to retain (or be paid the balance of, as the case may be) the Supporter Fee in full.
14. In the event of a cancellation of the Conference Booking by AUDE under clause 12.iii), we will make every effort to re-run the Conference on an alternative date, your Conference Booking will be transferred to the new Conference date, and no refund will be due to you. If the Conference is cancelled in full and will not be rescheduled to a future date, you will receive a full refund of the Supporter Fee net of AUDE’s transaction processing costs. We will not be liable for any losses whether indirect or direct suffered by Supporters or your staff, suppliers, contractors etc. as a result of the cancellation of the Conference.
15. No refunds will be made where Supporters are able to claim on an insurance policy.
Cancellation by you
16. Other than if we cancel your Conference Booking pursuant to “Cancellation by AUDE” above and subject to clause 17 below, the Supporter Fee is non-refundable and is due even if cancellation is made before funds are received.
17. If you wish to cancel your Conference Booking, you should notify AUDE in writing via email at email@example.com, as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to re-sell your Supporter place, subject to when you notify us of your cancellation. If the place is re-sold and the Supporter Fee can be refunded, a refund will be made (at such an amount to be decided at our discretion subject to any Conference costs already incurred by us). If the place cannot be re-sold no refund of the Supporter Fee will be given. No refunds will be made pursuant to this clause where Supporters are able to claim on an insurance policy.
18. Substitutions of your attendees at the Conference can be made up to 14 days (inclusive) before the Conference, without incurring the cancellation charge - if you would like a substitution to be made please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Within 13 days (inclusive) of the Conference, substitution of one delegate for another can be made at our discretion.
19. AUDE intends to record the conference sessions. In attending the conference, all attendees can choose whether to share their audio, video, additional content, and contact information. Attending the conference and sharing the above constitutes permission for these to feature in session recordings for educational and marketing use by AUDE during and after the event.
20. Registered Supporters must be the only attendees from your organisation at the conference. Attendance / access codes cannot be used by anyone except those for whom they are intended, unless in the full knowledge of, and agreement with AUDE. Supporters must display correct profile details at the conference at all times.
21. Any and all content or materials displayed by Supporters during the event must be approved by AUDE prior to the conference. AUDE reserves the right to remove any content or materials from the conference at any time and for any reason it deems reasonable.
22. AUDE will provide all attendees with the opportunity to test their ability to access the conference software in advance of the conference. It is therefore the responsibility of all attendees to ensure their own conference access. AUDE will not be held liable for the inability of attendees to access the conference, nor for networking issues outside of our control. We will however do all we reasonably can to assist all attendees in accessing the event.
23. AUDE will not be held liable for adverse effects that may be caused by your use of any 3rd party software during the conference.
24. AUDE’s (including any member of the PHES association’s) entire liability to the Supporter under or in connection with the Conference Booking shall be limited to a sum equal to the Supporter Fee.
25. AUDE will process all data in accordance with our privacy notices available at https://www.aude.ac.uk/privacy/
26. Failure or neglect by AUDE to enforce any provision of the Conference Booking shall not be construed nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of AUDE's rights under the Conference Booking and shall not prejudice AUDE's rights to take subsequent action.
27. The Conference Booking constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to your participation in the Conference. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of AUDE which is not set out in the Conference Booking.
28. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Conference Booking to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
29. Any variation to the Conference Booking (including these Terms and Conditions) shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of AUDE.
30. A person who is not a party to this Conference Booking shall have no rights under or in connection with it, other than AUDE, and any member of the PHES association who shall each have the right to enforce any clauses in these Terms and Conditions expressly applicable to them.
31. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Conference Booking (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Conference Booking shall not be affected.
32. If you have any queries or complaints relating to these Terms and Conditions, please contact AUDE on 01509 22 88 36 and email email@example.com. Additional contact details can be found at https://www.aude.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/.
33. The Conference Booking will be governed by English Law and the parties submit for all purposes connected with the Conference Booking to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.