Terms and Conditions (Conference attendees)
Booking to attend a Conference
- These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to the booking of a place by attendees (“you”, “your”, “delegates”) at an AUDE conference (the “Conference”). AUDE, being the Association of University Directors Estates, a Professional HE Services Ltd (“PHES”) association (“we”, “us”, “our”, “AUDE”).
- If you are an exhibitor / sponsor of one of our Conferences, these Terms and Conditions apply to your purchase of tickets for the Conference and to you and any of your staff, members etc. attending the Conference. Additional terms also apply to sponsors / exhibitors, which are available here. These Terms and Conditions apply only to attendees at our Conferences who are acting in a business capacity. If you are seeking to attend our Conferences for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession, please contact email@example.com.
- Payment for the Conference (the “Conference Fee”) must be made by credit or debit card (if you are 18 years or older) and card details must be entered online, please note only Visa or MasterCard are accepted. You hereby confirm that you are the person authorised to use such credit card or debit card.
- By submitting your booking form online (the “Online Booking Form”) and ticking the box to confirm you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions you are making an offer to attend the Conference subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Once you have completed your Online Booking Form you will automatically be sent a booking confirmation email with an invoice that will show as paid, and is the booking receipt (the “Booking Confirmation Email”). Please note a failed payment constitutes a failed booking.
- The Booking Confirmation Email will be deemed as confirmation of AUDE’s acceptance of your registration for the Conference and such acceptance brings into existence a legally binding contract between us and you comprising these Terms and Conditions, your Online Booking Form and the Booking Confirmation Email (the “Booking”). Unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Booking shall terminate once the Conference has been delivered in full, at which point the obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions shall cease (except for the restrictions on use of Conference materials set out in clause 33, which will continue in perpetuity).
- Registration cannot be accepted over the telephone and places are only guaranteed upon payment and receipt of the Booking Confirmation Email.
- AUDE may use a third party Conference organiser; you should contact us for any assistance required with your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment and Fees
- All price(s) for Conferences will be displayed on our website in pounds sterling, inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
- You shall have no right to attend the Conference until the Conference Fee has been paid in full and AUDE may prevent you from attending all or any part of the Conference, without liability to you.
- If you are paying by credit or debit card, unfortunately we cannot accept American Express or Diners Card.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will payments by direct bank transfer be accepted. In this case, it is your responsibility to ensure that this invoice reaches the correct finance department. AUDE will not issue invoices directly to finance departments unless emailed on an individual basis to do so. The person making the Booking is the point of contact for invoice chasing, and is responsible for ensuring that the invoice is paid.
- Please note that AUDE must receive the full amount shown on the invoice including any VAT applicable. Any fees or charges which are levied by the bank for you to make this payment should be paid by you directly and should not come out of the Conference Fee payment. If you do not pay these bank charges you will still be liable for the difference between the amount that is paid to us and your total fee payable. Any shortfalls in the Conference Fee must be paid before your attendance at the Conference.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
Cancellation by you
- Subject to clauses 17 to 21 below (cancellation by AUDE) and the remainder of this clause, the Conference Fee for booking a delegate place is non-refundable and is due even if cancellation is made by you before funds are received by AUDE. Should you wish to cancel your Booking every effort will be made to re-sell your place, subject to when you notify us of your cancellation. If your place is re-sold a 50% refund of the Conference Fee will be made. Cancellations should be notified to us in writing as soon as possible, via email at email@example.com. If your place cannot be re-sold no refund of the Conference Fee will be given.
- AUDE will not, under any circumstances, refund aborted travel or accommodation costs associated with any of our Conferences whether the Booking is cancelled by you or us. We recommend that you insure against any such losses or ensure your travel or accommodation booking can be cancelled without penalty.
- No refunds will be made where delegates are able to claim on an insurance policy.
Cancellation by AUDE
17. We may cancel your Booking by giving you notice in writing for any reason (other than set out at clause 18) at any time prior to the date of the Conference. If AUDE cancels the Booking pursuant to this clause 17 we shall refund the Conference Fee paid by you in connection with your attendance at the Conference.
18. We may also cancel the Booking at any time, without liability to you if:
a. you fail to pay any sum owing to us in connection with the Conference in accordance with the payment terms set out at the “Payment and Fees” section above; or
b. you breach these Terms and Conditions; or
c. AUDE is unable to host the Conference due to any reason beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to fire, explosion, flood, adverse weather conditions, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic).
- In the event of cancellation of the Booking by AUDE under clauses 18.a or 18.b AUDE shall be entitled to retain (or be paid the balance of, as the case may be) the Conference Fee in full.
- In the event of a cancellation of the Booking by AUDE under clause 18.c, we will make every effort to re-run the Conference on an alternative date, your Booking will be transferred to the new Conference date and no refund will be due to you. If you cannot attend the Conference on the new date or the Conference is cancelled in full and is not rescheduled for a future date, you will receive a full refund of the Conference Fee net of AUDE’s transaction processing costs and venue cancellation charges (if applicable). We will not be liable for any losses whether direct or indirect suffered by delegates as a result of the cancellation of the Conference.
21. No refunds will be made where delegates are able to claim on an insurance policy.
- You may substitute an original delegate with another person up to 14 days (inclusive) before the Conference by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within 13 days (inclusive) of the Conference, substitution of one delegate for another can be made at our discretion. Please email email@example.com with any queries regarding this.
- Placing a Booking is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of whoever attends the Conference.
- Delegates at the Conference must comply with the accepted safety standards notified to you in advance and / or on the day of the Conference.
- Failure to comply with this code of practice will result in the withdrawal of the permission to attend the Conference.
- Delegates are Directors of Estates and/or their immediate deputies. On occasions where AUDE has invited or allowed other delegate bookings these will be allowed; any other party who books a delegate place without authorisation will have their delegate places cancelled and any fees refunded.
- On arriving at the Conference, you will be provided with a conference badge. This badge must be worn at all times and is not transferable to any other person without our prior knowledge and confirmation of AUDE. Anyone not wearing a badge may be asked to leave the Conference vicinity.
- You must at all times behave with honesty, integrity and show courtesy, consideration and respect to others, prepare for the Conference as required by AUDE and respect the confidentiality of all information that you acquire during the course of your participation in the Conference.
- AUDE reserves the right to refuse admission or to require you to leave the Conference if your behaviour is considered disruptive, likely to cause damage, nuisance, offence or injury, is in breach of venue rules and regulations or these Terms and Conditions, or is otherwise unacceptable. AUDE may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of delegates and the venue. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Mobile phones must be switched off during the Conference.
- If you have any special dietary or other health related requirements, AUDE will normally be able to accommodate these needs. You should detail any specific requirements when submitting your Online Booking Form or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7days prior to the Conference. Changes cannot be made after this time period.
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all Conference materials and the specifications shall remain the sole and exclusive property of AUDE and its licensors. You undertake that you will not copy or permit the copying of Conference materials, or distribute any materials via internet or intranet, or disclose or permit the disclosure or sell or hire the same to third parties.
33. AUDE agrees to grant to you a non-exclusive royalty free licence to use the Conference materials for your internal purposes but not for external commercial purposes.
Delivery of the Conference
- AUDE will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the Conference as described in the Conference literature and/or the Conference specification on our website (the “Conference Specification”). However, we shall be entitled to make reasonable variations to the content and delivery of the Conference including the Conference agenda or speaker line-up if necessary at short notice.
- AUDE has a reputation for delivering high quality training Conferences which we are anxious to retain. At the conclusion of each Conference we ask delegates to complete a Conference evaluation form. This helps us to monitor and refine standards of delivery. However, even the best organisations occasionally get things wrong, often because of circumstances beyond their control. If you believe the Conference has fallen significantly below the standard expected, you should state this clearly on the Conference evaluation form and also email email@example.com by midnight on the day following the Conference. You should also raise your concern (if reasonably possible) in person with a member of the AUDE events team at the Conference who will try and assist you. You should specify in any correspondence with us the areas in the Conference Specification against which you feel that delivery or content was deficient and provide a succinct explanation of the way(s) in which this deficiency manifested itself. We will undertake to consider your application and make a decision within 7 working days. If we feel your complaint is valid we will refund the Conference Fee to the credit or debit card on which it was originally paid. Please note that in reaching a decision we may contact other delegates to benchmark delivery in areas about which you have provided feedback.
- In all cases our Conference Specification includes a section detailing the target audience for a particular Conference specifying their level and / or their specific responsibilities within their organisation. This is to help individuals assess, before booking, whether a Conference is relevant to their particular needs. We will not accept requests for refunds from delegates whose role or responsibilities fall outside those set out in the Conference Specification.
- AUDE does not take any legal responsibility for advice given to representatives of, or, its member institutions in response to a request for help or information in relation to our Conferences. AUDE is not an advice agency but will, from time to time on a discretionary basis, offer assistance to its member institutions or their representatives, in particular to assist them in working effectively with their professional advisers. Any member institution or their representative accepting that assistance is deemed to accept that AUDE does not accept responsibility for anything which may be wrong, and members should always consider whether to engage professional advisers accordingly.
38. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude a party’s liability for death and / or personal injury caused by the negligence of that party or its employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liabilities which cannot as a matter of law be limited and/or excluded.
39. Subject to clause 38, AUDE (or any member of the PHES association) cannot accept responsibility and expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage to your property that occurs whilst you are at the Conference. You should take particular care not to leave mobile phones, iPads or laptops unattended at any time. Furthermore, AUDE (or any member of the PHES association) shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data or software, pure economic loss, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this Booking. You indemnify AUDE (including any member of the PHES association) and the Conference venue owner in full against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by AUDE (including any member of the PHES association) and the Conference venue owner in relation to persons or to property at the Conference as a result of your negligent actions and / or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to clauses 38 and 39, AUDE’s (including any member of the PHES association’s) entire liability to you under or in connection with this Booking shall be limited to a sum equal to the Conference Fee payable for your attendance at the Conference.
- AUDE will collect and process your personal information in accordance with our privacy notice set out at https://www.aude.ac.uk/privacy/privacy-full-version.
- AUDE will use the personal information that you provide to: (a) deliver the Conference, (b) process your payment for the Conference and (c) inform you about similar conferences, events, products or services that we provide (if you have provided explicit consent for us to send such emails to you). You can opt-out of receiving these emails at any time by following the link on the bottom of any marketing emails or by contacting AUDE directly using the details at clause 52 below.
- Photos and/or videos will be taken at the Conference. AUDE will use Conference photos and video footage in our marketing activities and in accordance with our privacy notice. This includes (but is not limited to):
- If you don’t wish to be featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Conference taking place.
- Social media
- Press releases
- Failure or neglect by AUDE to enforce any provision of your Booking shall not be construed nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of AUDE's rights under the Booking and shall not prejudice AUDE's rights to take subsequent action.
- The Booking constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to your participation in the Conference. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of AUDE which is not set out in the Booking.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to this Booking to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Any variation to the Booking (including the Terms and Conditions) shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of AUDE.
- A person who is not a party to this Booking shall have no rights under or in connection with it, other than AUDE, the Conference Venue owner and any member of the PHES association who shall each have the right to enforce any clauses in these Terms and Conditions expressly applicable to them.
- AUDE may subcontract or delegate in any manner to any third party or agent the delivery of the Conference
- If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of this Booking (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Booking shall not be affected.
52. If you have any queries or complaints relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact AUDE at 3 Holywell Drive, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU (telephone number +44(0)1509 22 88 36 and email email@example.com).
- This Booking will be governed by English Law and the parties submit for all purposes connected with this Booking to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.