We have an eLearning platform which offers a suite of free course to AUDE members. You don't need a different username, password or any extra enrolment keys - if you have a AUDE website account then you can access all of the free courses.
Click here to login
If you do not have a website account and you are a member of staff from one of our member institutions, you have two options:
- If you would like a full website account which gives you access to all the website resources and discussion boards, then please register here.
- If you just wish to access the e-learning, then please visit the quick registration page where you can set up an account for accessing the e-learning.
We will be developing more courses over time, but here is the list of what is currently available:
- Introduction to HE Finance - a high level overview of higher education finance. It is broken down into smaller modules looking at BUFDG, the HE sector, where HE money comes from, how it is spent, governance and reporting.
- Introduction to Counter-Fraud - The BUFDG Counter-Fraud Working Group have produced a free, introductory Fraud-Awareness e-learning module, for use in Universities. The module takes about 30 minutes to complete. It covers topics such as; what is fraud, what is bribery, who might commit fraud and what can universities do about it.
- Criminal Finances Act 2017 - designed to help you understand what the Criminal Finances Act 2017 is, how it impacts universities and what you need to do to protect yourself, and support your HEI. This module should take about 20 minutes.
- Intro to HE Procurement - a high level overview of higher education procurement. It is broken down into smaller modules looking at the importance of effective procurement, the processes, competition issues and strategic issues.
- Protecting Human Rights in the Supply Chain - looks at the human rights issues faced by organisations and in particular in the supply chain. There are a series of detailed topics and a couple of quizzes to test your learning.
- The Bribery Act - we look at the Bribery Act 2010 and the key elements of the legislative changes. It covers compliance issues, fraud and corruption prevention and what this means for procurement.
- Supplier Due Diligence and Risk Management - procurement ethics, commercial risk management and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Spend Analysis - teaches you the why, what and how of spend analysis. You will learn about key tools, techniques and how to present to internal stakeholders.
- Cost Modelling - looks at cost models, the different types of approaches and the value chain.
- Intro to Sustainable Procurement - an introduction to sustainability in the world of procurement. It looks at the three pillars of sustainability, legislation requirements and what you can be doing differently in your institution.
- Statutory Maintenance Compliance - this training is for Directors of Estates with responsibilities for the provision of testing, inspection, through examination and maintenance of equipment and devices so to safeguard relevant persons, staff, students and visitors.
Capital Planning for a Post COVID-19 World Webinar
Capital Planning for a post COVID-19 World webinar took place on Monday 27th April, hosted by upcoming AUDE Business Partners AssetWorks. AssetWorks have created a series of webinars designed to help institutional leaders both deal with the present emergency and also look to the future. This webinar will help AUDE estates, facilities and finance leaders work in concert in making data-driven decisions that are accurate, timely, and actionable.
External eLearning Courses
IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
Visit the IWFM website to view the Academy online short courses (shortcut via this link). Select either:
- Building personal resilience for professional success
- Managing Workload
- Communication for professional success
- Presenting numerical data
- Grammar and effective writing
- Effective facilities management professional
Click the “book now” option, sign into the IWFM website or create a free account then follow instructions through to payment page. At the checkout apply the discount code AUDE for 10% off the total fee for both member and non-member rates.
EAUC (Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges)
Introduction to Sustainability E-learning module
This module is available to EAUC members, check if your institution is a member.